[Eeglablist] fieldtrip2eeglab Channel Locations, Rereference

Redepenning, Tim tim.redepenning at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Feb 28 12:17:01 PST 2022

Dear list members,

As a matlab beginner I have been trying to set up a pre-processing pipeline with EEGlab.
To remove line noise, I found the spectrum interpolation of the fieldtrip toolbox to work well. So, my best idea was to transform my partly pre-processed (re-reference, chanlocs, baseline removal) set-file to fieldtrip, use the interpolation and transform it back.
Unfortunately, channel locations and information about rereference get lost in the process. Am I making a mistake or is it not possible to keep this information? In that case what would be the solution - removing the line noise before all the other pre-processing steps?

Fsample = ALLEEG.srate;
data_path = 'D:\EEG_Dok\Neckercube\Pilot\VP09\';
cfg = [];
cfg.dataset = 'D:\EEG_Dok\Neckercube\Pilot\VP09\VP09_RR_base.set';
ft_data1 = ft_preprocessing(cfg);
ft_data1.trial{1,1} = ft_preproc_dftfilter(ft_data1.trial{1,1}, Fsample, 50, 'dftreplace','neighbour','dftbandwidth',2,'dftneighbourwidth',1);
eeglab_data = fieldtrip2eeglab(ft_data1);
EEG = pop_saveset(eeglab_data, 'filename','VP09_RR_base_LNR.set','filepath',data_path);
EEG.setname = 'VP09_RR_base_LNR';
eeglab redraw

Best wishes

Tim Redepenning

PhD Student | "Motor Control and Training" - Research Group
Faculty of Psychology and Sports Science
Bielefeld University | Cognitive Interaction Technology - Center of Excellence (CITEC)
33501 Bielefeld
Germany

Room: CITEC-1.411 | Phone: +49-(0)521-106-5129
E-Mail: tim.redepenning at uni-bielefeld.de<mailto:tim.redepenning at uni-bielefeld.de>