[Eeglablist] itSeez3D privacy/data question

Smith, Matthew matthew.smith at ubc.ca
Mon Mar 28 13:06:14 PDT 2022

Hello Katy,

While outside of the UC context, in BC, Canada we have fairly strict privacy laws, and while we may use Cloud services for storing and processing high risk/identifiable data - as you mentioned we often need consent in order to comply with the privacy laws, and also have to perform an institutional Privacy Impact Assessment on the service. Looks like you folks have a similar Risk Assessment process, and going through it for the itSeez3D service might be the answer: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.uclahealth.org_compliance_workfiles_HS-2520Policies_Health-2520Sciences-2520Risk-2520Assessment-2520Standard.pdf&d=DwIFAw&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=kB5f6DjXkuOQpM1bq5OFA9kKiQyNm1p6x6e36h3EglE&m=G_8WF6yyBMn-nT64TJ1dPXHsk4O5lYo9Y5Efkid_HbT67p-tslQZdDtglPHscwKZ&s=G3Bui605fwUAF_BUbTt3TSHG71Y2IogkKGHkn8oasAI&e=

I'm sure the folks behind this document (InfoSecAll at mednet.ucla.edu) could offer some targeted advice, too.

Sincerely,
-M

--
Matthew Smith  (He, Him, His)
Manager, Research Systems
matthew.smith at ubc.ca
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.arc.ubc.ca&d=DwIFAw&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=kB5f6DjXkuOQpM1bq5OFA9kKiQyNm1p6x6e36h3EglE&m=G_8WF6yyBMn-nT64TJ1dPXHsk4O5lYo9Y5Efkid_HbT67p-tslQZdDtglPHscwKZ&s=nh18QBJt_yqBVxEeeU0skBghjbRfRZJLlsv4_-bq04w&e=