[Eeglablist] Generate jpg, png, gif formats through topoplot function without the need to save it manually

Andreas Widmann widmann at uni-leipzig.de
Thu Apr 14 09:48:43 PDT 2022

> The figure that topoplot returns me is from surface type with 12 attributes as: CDataModel, VertexNormalsMode, FaceNormalsMode... i am reading the print documentation but I can't able to see nothing where could I find to pass the img from surface type as a parameter, any tips?
>
> I am doing the code as:
>
> img = topoplot(EEG.data(1,1:3071,3),EEG.chanlocs,'style','map');
The print command is unrelated to the output you get in img but rather exports the figure plotted by topoplot as png. If the latter is not what you want to achieve you might have to rephrase your question (you asked: "[...] only plot the data at the screen [...]")

Use print command as:
figHandle = figure;
topoplot(EEG.data(1,1:3071,3),EEG.chanlocs,'style','map');
print( figHandle, '-dpng', 'somefilename.png' )

Best,
Andreas