[Eeglablist] ICA preprocessing and bipolar montage configuration

Scott Makeig smakeig at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 10:00:31 PDT 2022

Jason -  But the mapping problem remains, no? Will ICA make the IC maps
(including somehow the bipolar channel) smooth even when the data contains
a bipolar channel?  What about this argument:  Making such a dataset
zero-mean does not necessarily mean that the difference between the common
reference and each electrode in the bipolar channel is 0.  If the sources
were [equally everywhere], then this might be the case, but in actual fact,
is it?

Scott