[Eeglablist] Strange artifacts in the data

Ewa Wiwatowska ewiwatowska at swps.edu.pl
Fri Jun 3 01:54:33 PDT 2022

Hello everyone,

In our laboratory, we are using the BrainVision Recorder and BrainAmpDC
amplifier (Brain Products GmbH, Gilching, Germany) with 64 electrodes to
record EEG data. We are concerned with strange artifacts that sometimes
appear in the signal. It seems that there is no way to predict their
appearance: in some cases there are so many of them that the file needs to
be excluded from the analyses, sometimes just a small portion of signal is
affected, and sometimes they are not present in the data at all. It seems
that it is not linked to the impedance level nor to muscle artifacts, as
often they appear in really clean data. I'm attaching the picture in the
message: this signal is filtered with 0.1 Hz high pass and 30 Hz low pass
filters.

If any of you has come across something similar in the past or has any idea
what might be the source of the problem, I would be really grateful for
your help!

Best,
Ewa Wiwatowska

--

*Ewa Wiwatowska*
Poznań Laboratory of Affective Neuroscience
e-mail: ewiwatowska at swps.edu.pl

*SWPS University of Social Sciences and Humanities, *
*Poznań, Poland*

10 Kutrzeby Street
61-719 Poznań
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.swps.pl__;!!Mih3wA!Gh5ES5VjbwD6D6S0MGRlkMsRYq_p1Y-NOqv_5kvjPzliTcICAVUOYKEC0aIKMzrd7MMJMB9xQP-xdNFprXsuHhPQBnjioWA$