[Eeglablist] Using ICA for labelling artifacts

Velu Prabhakar Kumaravel velu.kumaravel at unitn.it
Mon Jul 25 06:04:47 PDT 2022

Thanks a lot for your comments on this topic.

I reduced the number of channels to 4 (from the original 21) to adapt ICA
for short data (as suggested by Onton et al., 2006). Accordingly, for a
4-channel EEG, we would need 20*4*4 = 320 sample points whereas I had used
1024. There is a limitation on the number of channels, too, which is
perhaps not yet discussed.

Thanks, Scott, for pointing out that ICLabel is trained for (high-density)
scalp maps and for proposing the alternate solution using traditional ICA
removal tools (Post-AMICA is interesting!)

Best,

Velu