[Eeglablist] deleting time segments in continuous data based on event codes

fredrik heinat fredrik.heinat at lnu.se
Fri Jul 29 11:04:11 PDT 2022

Dear all,

I have data from a linguistic RSVP-experiment where participants have
read sentences. Every sentence starts with a fixation cross with event
code 1 and the end of the final word has eventcode 99, and there are no
other event codes between sentences. The sentences are not of equal
length and the time between sentences varies too since the participants
decide themselves when to start the next sentence. In preparation for
ICA it would be really nice with a script that could delete the time
periods between 99 and 1 (the end of a sentence and the start of the
next one) since the periods between sentences contain a lot of EMG and
eye movements unrelatede to the study. I've not been able to find
anything  on the list, or elsewhere, that can remove time periods in
continuous data which is not based on certain fixed time periods between
events. I've tried the script:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/lucklab/erplab/blob/master/pop_functions/pop_erplabDeleteTimeSegments.m__;!!Mih3wA!Cl_njzFlp18yt-kI7_EPMV8MKxkoPuOhFb6jrVWR4mqxs0ubb6GwRrSioUtcMSVTkizps3iZGuYt_aNRAZNjgw2S8HoZdw$
but I can't get it to work. The problem is that the between sentence
interval can be both longer and shorter than the one between any
critical events in the sentences so a specific time intervall can't be
specified. I'm not used to Matlab programming and I'd appreciate any
help I can get.

Best,
Fredrik