[Eeglablist] Online workshop PREPROCESSING MUSE DATA IN EEGLAB part IV

Iversen, John jiversen at ucsd.edu
Thu Aug 4 11:06:38 PDT 2022

Hi Floris,

Sounds interesting. What kind of questions are you asking about music and the brain?

Regarding the figure there are two answers--for the statistical comparison, you would set that up in the GUI (e.g. at 4:21) with the STATS button.

For the plot, that does look nice. Arno can weigh in on how he prepared it, but here's a basic example of how you can plot a transparent patch on top of an axis, which you could generalize to frequency bands or significance ranges or whatever...

figure
axis([0 1 0 1]) %fix axis limits so a patch stretching outside of the axis does not change its limits
patch([0.2 0.5 0.5 0.2 0.2],[-.05 -.05 1.05 1.05 -.05],[1 0 0], 'facealpha', 0.2,'edgecolor','none','clipping','off')

I have a collection of utility functions on github, and one of them does just this: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/jiversen/ji_utils/blob/main/patchx.m__;!!Mih3wA!HzCqgNn2kl6RQsviTXJNNUNGMV0UaFWyEmRoL02d14s8m_zW7UFYBr47YgZ7GczsGyxU6GCSyxXeHqPLYUFpivj7$

Best,

John