[Eeglablist] Should I remove the first component with small amplitude when using ICA?

Nik T t_nik_t at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 02:46:19 PDT 2022

Hello,
I have a MEG data set which is about 5 minutes long for each subject. I want to detect and correct existing artifacts using the ICA approach (Infomax) . When I performed ICA, the first component (the dominant one) has a very small amplitude, (about 1000 times smaller in comparison to other components) and looks like a DC signal. Should I remove this component? It is the first component and I want to be sure about this decision as it may be a signal, not an artifact. In the following, you can see the components.Thanks!