[Eeglablist] Exporting events to text file - latency units

Leo Craemer L.Craemer at sussex.ac.uk
Fri Sep 9 04:57:19 PDT 2022

Hello,

I am currently partaking in an EEG project as part of my master’s dissertation and I am encountering a “problem" with EEGLAB. I hope this is the right place for this inquiry.

I am exporting to text my events and I am not sure what unit I am seeing in the latency column. I was told to expect it to be milliseconds but that does not seem to be the case which makes adding events into this text file and then re-importing them back into EEGLAB problematic. I have a trigger at 126.16 seconds that shows up in event text file as latency = 65291.500000. Now for epoching I want another event 10 seconds before that which is completely fine to do with the EEGLAB GUI but when I inspect the text file I make from that it shows the new event at 62791.000000.

What units is EEGLAB thinking in here and is there a way to simply export them as milliseconds/seconds?

Info that might be useful:

  *   I am on Mac 10.15.7
  *   Matlab R2022_a
  *   EEGLAB v2022.0

Additional information that is necessary I will happily supply and apologies if there is already a thread discussing this issue.

Kindest regards,

Leo Craemer