[Eeglablist] Memory issue using Clean Rawdata and ASR

Cedric Cannard ccannard at protonmail.com
Fri Sep 30 19:56:13 PDT 2022

Wow Arno! That sounds unimaginably fast :)

James, I believe 64 = 64 MB. You may also use what's currently available instead of a specific amount, as Arno said in a previous email, the defined amount is to facilitate replication of findings (by defining the block size). Here is an example to use 85% of available memory from all arrays:

cutoff = 20;
m = memory;
usemem = .85;    % 85% of all available memory
maxmem = usemem * (m.MemAvailableAllArrays/1000000);
disp(['Using ' num2str(usemem*100) '% of available memory (' num2str(round(maxmem/1000,1)) ' GB)'])
EEG = clean_asr(EEG,cutoff,[],[],[],[],[],[],[],[],maxmem);

And you can also use GPU if you are doing offline processing and have a good graphics card and the parallel toolbox. Simply add 1 after the maxmem input.

However, note that this does not provide the option to remove sections like clean_rawdata does, it only reconstructs which can be problematic before ICA. But you can find the code to do that in clean_artifact just after the function is called line 273:283

Cheers,

Cedric Cannard