[Eeglablist] Exporting to .eeg format

Arnaud Delorme adelorme at ucsd.edu
Thu Dec 15 10:05:40 PST 2022

Dear Dani,

The .EEG format is a proprietary Neuroscan format. The only reason to export back to .EEG would be if you want to perform ERP analysis in Neuroscan.

There are different approaches. There is a function to export to the continuous CNT format in the neuroscanio plugin.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/sccn/neuroscanio/blob/master/writecnt.m__;!!Mih3wA!G79zM7mthBS1aC404gTAjA16fnTH2ZbT-8qowNUR6ySbHJfsfm-LpsfK3gVwln93XWo3Od8tctzVAR0Ep8e8LUqR$

If you used EEGLAB to preprocess the data (ASR, ICLabel, etc.…), you can do so on the continuous data, then export back the continuous data to Neuroscan and extract data epochs in Neuroscan.

Also, the CNT and EEG Neuroscan formats have a lot of similarities, so you could reprogram part of the CNT export function to export .EEG files.

Finally, the best way is probably not to go back to Neuroscan, as it is not known for its signal analysis capabilities. Use EEGLAB instead to perform single subject or group analysis.

Cheers,

Arno