[Eeglablist] Power analysis - Continuous EEG

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Thu Jan 19 14:51:07 PST 2023

Dear Franz,

I can rephrase your question into something like: What analyses are
available to analyze continuous EEG data that are hopefully sensitive to
distinguish ictal from inter-ictal states?

If you limit your analysis on EEGLAB, you can perform power spectral
density (PSD) analysis, phase-amplitude coupling analysis, power-power
coupling analysis, etc.. ICA can be itself a good analysis when used in a
clever way. But GUI-based analysis could be limited.

If your purpose is to learn these techniques, go ahead and try these
analyses. They are available as a plugin with graphical user interface.

If your purpose is to perform cutting-edge EEG analysis for publication,
these GUI-supported approaches could be limited. You might want to talk to
experienced EEG people who know how to code.

SCCN used to have a good person for clinical collaborations. He has
published probably 30-40 various clinical EEG papers since the middle of
2010:s, but he has recently moved. You can still talk to him if you want.

Makoto