[Eeglablist] Adjust data rank for ICA?

Anna Bánki anna.banki at univie.ac.at
Fri Feb 17 11:14:31 PST 2023

Hi Daniele, Julia,

I am also interpolating some bad channels (max 3-4) before running ICA. Could you help, apart from changing max to min in the pop_runica[] script, would you also set back the full rank before running ICA with this code?

channelSubset = loc_subsets(EEG.chanlocs, yourDataRankHere);
EEG = pop_select( EEG,'channel', channelSubset{1});
EEG = pop_chanedit(EEG, 'eval','chans = pop_chancenter( chans, [],[]);');

https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Makoto%27s_preprocessing_pipeline#Interpolate_all_the_removed_channels_.2803.2F05.2F2021_updated.29

In my layout, there are 3 gyroscope channels on top of the 24 scalp channels, so for now, I only selected my channels as 1:24 before ICA, but did not consider the rank-deficiency issue.

Thanks,

Anna