[Eeglablist] Uploading Curry 7 .dap files in eeglab

Petar Atanasov PAtanasov at uclan.ac.uk
Mon Mar 6 11:57:17 PST 2023

Hello,
I am writing to enquire about a recent problem I encountered while uploading some Curry 7 .dap files into EEGLAB for pre-processing.

I am currently using Synamps amplifiers with a 64 channel headbox and Curry 7.

I use the raw data and import the .dap file into EEGLAB (2022.1) in MATLAB (2022b) for pre-processing with the loadcurry (3.2.3 - I have also tried with the 3.2.6 version).

I am running two experiments one after the other.

For the files from the first experiment, when I open them in curry, the events appear as expected, when I open the ev2 file in notepad or excel, the event list is also as expected.

However, when I import the files (only for the first experiment) in EEGLAB, an event is added at the top of the list:

Value = 4; Latency = 1; Event Number = 1.

This has happened for all the files I have imported in EEGLAB for my first experiment.

Additionally, for one file only, another event is added in EEGLAB but is not present in the raw data:

Number of Event 3; Value = 4; Latency = 12177

I have checked with a consultant from neuroscan and the issue does not seem to be in the "loadcurry" extension.

I was wondering if anyone can provide any advice on why I am facing such an issue (e.g., is it due to version(s) of software I am using or something else that is problematic) and if there is a way to fix this issue prior to/ separately from running my data pre-processing script?

Thank you in advance and I am happy to provide any additional information as necessary.

Kind regards,

Petar Atanasov

Ph.D. student

School of Psychology and Computer Science

University of Central Lancashire