[Eeglablist] Power Analysis Units Question

Newbolds, Sarah F. sarah.newbolds at ou.edu
Mon Mar 20 12:06:06 PDT 2023

Hello,

We are using EEGlab to calculate a spectral power analysis using the following line of code:

[pxx(j,:,elecIdx), ~] = pmtm(x, [], freqBins, EEG.srate);

We wanted to see if anyone else is using this approach, as we are unsure of the units being reported for the power spectral density (the code was given to us). When plotted, the values are on a scale from 0-1, suggesting either a relative or normalized power spectral density, but the documentation for this function has been unclear as to the exact units of this output.

Thank you!

Sarah Newbolds
Ph.D. Student, Cellular & Behavioral Neurobiology Program, University of Oklahoma
Graduate Research Assistant, OU Visual Neuroscience Laboratory
B.A. Psychology, Benedictine College
785-991-1178