[Eeglablist] ERP “scaling”

Arnaud Delorme adelorme at ucsd.edu
Wed Mar 29 09:13:58 PDT 2023

Dear Alice,

For time-frequency decomposition, there is an option in newtimef called ‘timewarp’ with additional options ‘timewarpms’ and ‘timewarpidx’.
The option calculates power in a given frequency band, then “stretches” that power in single trials. This is useful when you have two events (stimulus presentation and reaction time) and want to assess power changes, even though the difference in reaction time varies. It is an old feature, and I have not tried it in a while. Hopefully, it still works.

Stretching the data outside of this context would require more details. It is likely not meaningful to stretch the raw data in this way.

Cheers,

Arno