[Eeglablist] Sharing >60GB intracranial EEG data from 114 patients

Scott Makeig smakeig at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 14:17:12 PDT 2023

Eishi -  I am happy you have this problem, for our NEMAR front end to
OpenNeuro for electrophysiological data will much benefit from it.
NEMAR.org has a copy of all the OpenNeuro-submitted ephys data and provides
more detailed info, visualizations, etc. for it. We are happy to work with
you to format and submit the data.  We have another project, HED
(Hierarchical Event Descriptors), that specifically provides (the only)
system for annotating the nature of events occurring during data collection
- either external events (sensory, otor) or data events.  For this, we have
built a library schema extending the HED vocabulary to include terms in
SCORE - do you use this language for reports? I have asked my associate
Dung Truong to look into your problem and hope that he may have a phone
call with you or your relevant team person to solve it.  Let me know any
further questions or suggestions.

Best,

Scott

On Thu, Apr 6, 2023 at 1:35 PM Eishi Asano <easano at med.wayne.edu> wrote:

> Dear EEGLAB community members,
>
> I would appreciate it if someone could let us know how to solve our
> problem.
> We want to upload intracranial EEG (iEEG) data of >60 GB using EEGLAB
> before sending our manuscript to a journal for review.
> Because of the error message below, we cannot upload the data to
> OpenNeuro/NEMAR.
> The following error message was given to us when we tried to generate BIDS
> from an EDF-format iEEG study.
>
> --beginning of error message--
>
> EEGLAB error in function bids_export() at line 333:
> Undefined function ‘jsonwrite’ for input arguments of type ‘struct’.
> If you think this is a bug, please submit a detailed
> description of how to reproduce the problem (and upload
> a small dataset) at
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/sccn/eeglab/issues__;!!Mih3wA!DbMc6jD1TB4kbgYErvGhmVHH8anGjYSfZzUv0vGGHzsK1FK8PJl6b1e5jhPAwpduP17cBcOLzHKHrbeUQehBOd_R5A$
>
> --end of error message--
>
> If any one knows another data sharing site allowing us to upload such data
> of >60GB, please let me know.
> Thank you very much in advance,
>
> Eishi Asano
>
> Eishi Asano, MD, PhD
> Professor, Pediatrics & Neurology, Wayne State University.
> Director, Neurodiagnostics, Children's Hospital of Michigan.
> Social Media Editor, Clinical Neurophysiology, Official Journal of
> International Federation of Clinical Neurophysiology
> Mailing address: Department of Neurodiagnostics. Children's Hospital of
> Michigan.
> 3901 Beaubien Street, Detroit, Michigan, 48201, USA.

Scott Makeig, Research Scientist and Director, Swartz Center for
Computational Neuroscience, Institute for Neural Computation, University of
California San Diego, La Jolla CA 92093-0559, http://sccn.ucsd.edu/~scott