[Eeglablist] Course announcements: Neural time series and multivariate analyses

Mike X Cohen mikexcohen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 03:09:35 PDT 2023

Dear friends and colleagues,

I am pleased to announce my new, shiny, improved summer schools! This year
in the alluring Bucharest (Romania).

*** NEW THIS YEAR *** I have developed several lectures and demos on
integrating ChatGPT-4 (and AI-assistance more generally) into coding,
writing, and analysis. Both summer-school courses include new discussions
and coding/writing exercises aimed at effective and ethical use of ChatGPT
in neuroscience research and data analysis. ***

I will teach two separate week-long courses on neuroscience data analysis:
One about time-frequency/synchronization/statistics (*note: this same
course is offered twice due to popular demand!*), and one about linear
algebra and dimension-reduction/source-separation.

Below is the direct link to the course pages with application information.
Please pass this link around to your colleagues/students who might be
interested in one or both of these courses.
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://sincxpress.com/summerschool.html__;!!Mih3wA!EuRBZbSvyU8sOwURtQM8Edt2JK3J0BwpP7s2Sbpn1UDCZK8631lWL0u2Bn7P7FNW3qCS8BkCdFTYWEiWy3QpaMul$

Analyzing neural time series data
(26-30 June *AND* 14-18 August). Fourier transform, convolution,
time-frequency analysis, synchronization, nonparametric statistics,
simulating time series data. (Note: the August session is recommended for
people taking both courses.)

Linear algebra for neuroscientists
(21-25 August). Matrix algebra, least-squares model fitting,
eigendecomposition, multivariate source separation, simulating
multicomponent and multichannel time series data.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://sincxpress.com/summerschool.html__;!!Mih3wA!EuRBZbSvyU8sOwURtQM8Edt2JK3J0BwpP7s2Sbpn1UDCZK8631lWL0u2Bn7P7FNW3qCS8BkCdFTYWEiWy3QpaMul$

Please note that applications, if accepted, are selected on a
first-come-first-serve basis, and that the number of participants for each
course is limited to 30. The courses are currently filling up but are not
yet at capacity.

If you have questions about the courses, please feel free to contact me.

I look forward to welcoming you to Bucharest this summer!

--
Mike X Cohen, PhD
Fresh look: mikexcohen.com