[Eeglablist] Baseline correction with resting state data

Michelle Lobermeier mloberme at emich.edu
Mon May 1 06:15:18 PDT 2023

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on completing my dissertation, and we are gathering
resting state EEG data from 4- and 5-year-old children (2 minutes eyes
open, 2 minutes eyes closed).  When working with resting state data like
this in MatLab/EEGLab, is baseline correction and removal recommended? I
know this is an important part of pre-processing with ERP data, but I am
having trouble finding information about whether this should be done with
continuous resting state data.

Thank you in advance for any insight you can provide. I appreciate it!

Best,
Michelle Lobermeier

--
Michelle Lobermeier, M.S., TLLP