[Eeglablist] EEGLab trouble re-referencing my data to multiple electrodes

Cedric Cannard ccannard at protonmail.com
Thu May 18 12:20:18 PDT 2023

Dear Maria,

Are you sure your reference labels are Fp1 and AF8? Because these are prefrontal electrodes, not earlobes. In any case, is there a rationale for using linked mastoid referencing for your data? Because if you have 64 electrodes, it is much better to re-reference to average or infinity/REST (both available in EEGLAB) than to linked mastoids, which is vulnerable to left/right dipole fluctuations.

Cheers,

Cedric Cannard

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.