[Eeglablist] Interpolation of eliminated channels after running ICA

Margarida Moreira marga.s.moreira at gmail.com
Mon May 22 08:22:22 PDT 2023

Hello,

I am having a bit of trouble interpolating my eliminated channels, after
running ICA.
I have been eliminating bad channels before running ICA, and I wanted to
interpolate such channels after running ICA, using a different dataset
(with no eliminated channels) as reference.
However, the reference dataset for the interpolation I have been doing was
from a different participant, that had no eliminated channels. However, as
I think that might not be very correct since different participants have
different head shapes and different brain action, I wanted to use a dataset
from the same participant as the reference.
However I don't know if using a dataset before running ICA would be
correct. Wouldn't that have noise that would contaminate the interpolation?
So my question is: should I keep using another participant as a reference
dataset, or should I was a same participant dataset before ICA and
eliminated channels?

I hope I was able to explain my issue, and thank you for your attention!

Margarida Moreira