[Eeglablist] Time codes of rejected segments

Cedric Cannard ccannard at protonmail.com
Thu Jun 1 10:00:45 PDT 2023

Dear Jane,

How did you reject bad segments? Manually with the scroll plot?
If so, you can simply type "eegh" in the command window when you are done, and EEGLAB will print the latencies (in samples) of the bad segments.

You create a variable in command line and paste the segment bounds like this for example:
bad_segments = [ PASTE ];

If you need these [start end] bounds in seconds, simply divide by the sample rate:
bad_segments = bad_segments ./ EEG.srate;

Note that to avoid removing too much signal, you can remove only the large artifacts with clean_rawdata plugin, and then run ICA and IClabel to subtract the artifactual components form the signal, while preserving the brain signals.

Tutorial for running ICA: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://eeglab.org/tutorials/06_RejectArtifacts/RunICA.html*independent-component-analysis-for-artifact-removal__;Iw!!Mih3wA!A4tYTr3BH_9r4be9VrzXQ59HsDNkYtkVRKWpzjEp9RTTG7UGVFjJ7FdUrP5M22M3oQNQHK8q_Urda4Y6mQDmz0QLFg$

Tutorial for automatic classification of components with ICLabel: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://eeglab.org/tutorials/06_RejectArtifacts/RunICA.html*automated-detection-of-artifactual-ica-components__;Iw!!Mih3wA!A4tYTr3BH_9r4be9VrzXQ59HsDNkYtkVRKWpzjEp9RTTG7UGVFjJ7FdUrP5M22M3oQNQHK8q_Urda4Y6mQAafKCwtg$

Hope this helps,

Cedric Cannard

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.