[Eeglablist] Wavelet transform for spectral power analysis?

장진원 jinwon06292 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 17:57:23 PDT 2023

Dear all,

I'm trying to deal with spectral absolute or relative power (for example,
alpha power) for my studies. I've found that many previous studies have
used FFT to get this power, but I wonder why they didn't use wavelet
transform, which might be better for addressing non-stationary EEG signals.
Is it because FFT is just a more traditional method? Or is it because
spectral power itself is independent of the time domain, so we don't have
to strictly consider this issue?

Best regards, Jinwon Chang