[Eeglablist] how to add markers in continuous EEG data

Cedric Cannard ccannard at protonmail.com
Tue Jun 20 20:14:01 PDT 2023

Dear Humera,

Do you have the exact time stamps for your markers (either in seconds, millisecond, or samples). EEGLAB stores markers in the EEG.event structure. Latencies must be in samples (so if you have them seconds, multiply by your sample rate).

You can simply add them like this:

EEG.event(1).type = 'condition_1';
EEG.event(1).latency = 553;
EEG.event(2).type = 'condition_2';
EEG.event(2).latency = 2437;
etc....
EEG = eeg_checkset(EEG); % to check that formating is correct, will fix inconsistencies or send error if something is not right.

Hope this helps.

Cedric

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.