[Eeglablist] Re-referencing problem

Francesca Fusina francesca.fusina at unipd.it
Wed Jun 21 00:43:32 PDT 2023

Hi,

I'm currently using the latest version of eeglab and I'm having trouble
adding Cz back to my dataset. I manually set it as the reference electrode,
complete with coordinates, as suggested by the eeglab tutorial. However,
while the program correctly states Cz as a reference, when I try to compute
the average reference and add Cz back to the data, I get a warning saying
that no reference channel was found and that I should add it with the
channel locations editor.
Also, my interface is not the same as the one I find on the tutorial: I
have no "Add current reference back" but "Add OLD reference back":

[image: Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 09.40.31.png]

When I click on Add old ref. channel, I just get the warning, with no
channels to select.

This is the screenshot that shows the reference correctly set to Cz:

[image: Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 09.40.20.png]

Is there a workaround for this? I also tried to interpolate Cz, but it
simply won't show up, so I can't reconstruct it that way either.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Francesca

--
Francesca Fusina, Ph.D.
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow

Dipartimento di Psicologia Generale, Università degli Studi di Padova

Office n. 040
ORCID: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://orcid.org/0000-0002-4418-2673__;!!Mih3wA!EQ4JB6IXXtPJr2t5wO70M8Kh4a6EK9sEDI5kc4OSZlM2CRgpf3CYRoyp1UHitzm62gbjFz_DFeQ-nc6G8dUa1OsE0XOJMO0K0Q$