[Eeglablist] Re-referencing problem

K Jeffrey Eriksen jeriksen at downeurobiology.org
Wed Jun 21 15:46:15 PDT 2023

I have experienced the same problem.
-Jeff Eriksen

-----Original Message-----
From: eeglablist <eeglablist-bounces at sccn.ucsd.edu> On Behalf Of Francesca Fusina via eeglablist
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2023 12:44 AM
To: eeglablist at sccn.ucsd.edu
Subject: [Eeglablist] Re-referencing problem

Hi,

I'm currently using the latest version of eeglab and I'm having trouble adding Cz back to my dataset. I manually set it as the reference electrode, complete with coordinates, as suggested by the eeglab tutorial. However, while the program correctly states Cz as a reference, when I try to compute the average reference and add Cz back to the data, I get a warning saying that no reference channel was found and that I should add it with the channel locations editor.
Also, my interface is not the same as the one I find on the tutorial: I have no "Add current reference back" but "Add OLD reference back":

[image: Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 09.40.31.png]

When I click on Add old ref. channel, I just get the warning, with no channels to select.

This is the screenshot that shows the reference correctly set to Cz:

[image: Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 09.40.20.png]

Is there a workaround for this? I also tried to interpolate Cz, but it simply won't show up, so I can't reconstruct it that way either.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Francesca

--
Francesca Fusina, Ph.D.
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow

Dipartimento di Psicologia Generale, Università degli Studi di Padova

Office n. 040
ORCID: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://orcid.org/0000-0002-4418-2673__;!!Mih3wA!EQ4JB6IXXtPJr2t5wO70M8Kh4a6EK9sEDI5kc4OSZlM2CRgpf3CYRoyp1UHitzm62gbjFz_DFeQ-nc6G8dUa1OsE0XOJMO0K0Q$