[Eeglablist] EEGs in mobile/portable office trailers

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Thu Jun 29 09:55:00 PDT 2023

Hi Ingmar, Robert, and Michael,

Here is an interesting technical report for you.
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2EOHOXO4AKND0/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B078T2R64C__;!!Mih3wA!G2616J0-2v0nQamGLx1JrYgXH6nJyOXV0tXlwQ1Ulno8rHQEBkEEsyH30-tjBedwHnlRjXVdjyWGIhS4Gs0gNz_M24k$
It's interesting that Robert mentioned about a radio. This report says the
same thing.

Ingmar, the EEG's frequency range is in the 'extremely low frequency' range.
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.rfcafe.com/references/electrical/freq-bands.htm__;!!Mih3wA!G2616J0-2v0nQamGLx1JrYgXH6nJyOXV0tXlwQ1Ulno8rHQEBkEEsyH30-tjBedwHnlRjXVdjyWGIhS4Gs0giRkRFKA$
Thanks to its extreme lowness and sensitivity properties, EEG signals are
usually not disturbed very much by external noise sources.
Practically, only line noise is an issue. This is why 'From shield to
field' was possible for MoBI conditions. You can't do the same with MEG!

To reduce line noise (and any external ones), it is important for your EEG
recorder to have a 'Driven Right Leg' circuit (i.e. 'DRL' channel/electrode)
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driven_right_leg_circuit__;!!Mih3wA!G2616J0-2v0nQamGLx1JrYgXH6nJyOXV0tXlwQ1Ulno8rHQEBkEEsyH30-tjBedwHnlRjXVdjyWGIhS4Gs0gXpGD_po$

I make the following report available for you for your info in case you
find them helpful. I did these works a few months ago.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BkYxyt-O_M8bFPpCX1KYZZXp_YO7YAsZ/view?usp=sharing__;!!Mih3wA!G2616J0-2v0nQamGLx1JrYgXH6nJyOXV0tXlwQ1Ulno8rHQEBkEEsyH30-tjBedwHnlRjXVdjyWGIhS4Gs0ghPJJAr4$
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://drive.google.com/file/d/1heBEru1mQKnx0AGw39bZUAtLmAGsgvUZ/view?usp=sharing__;!!Mih3wA!G2616J0-2v0nQamGLx1JrYgXH6nJyOXV0tXlwQ1Ulno8rHQEBkEEsyH30-tjBedwHnlRjXVdjyWGIhS4Gs0gZx53_c0$
Makoto