[Eeglablist] relocating electrodes

pancy at udel.edu pancy at udel.edu
Mon Jul 17 10:04:43 PDT 2023

Dear EEGLAB list members,

I am thinking whether I can put some of the EEG electrodes on the right
hemisphere to the left hemisphere. I am recording with 32 channels, and my
study is about activities on the left hemisphere. I want to increase the
number of electrodes in the region that I am interested, so I am thinking
whether I get TP10 and FT10 to put at FC3 and F5. I can modify the channel
location file for doing analyses with EEGLAB.

My question is: If I do so, then there will be more electrodes on one side
of the scalp. Would it create some problems? Or, even if I want to relocate
some electrodes, I should only use those on the same hemisphere, such as
TP9, FT9?

Best regards,

Pancy