[Eeglablist] Problem with inverse transform

Franziska Kirsch franziska.kirsch at ovgu.de
Fri Jul 28 02:17:32 PDT 2023

Dear List Members,

currently I am trying to inverse transform data in time-frequency space back to time domain. I have used the istft - function (inverse short time Fourier transform) from Matlab, but it does not seem to work. I keep getting error messages about problems with the input data, even though it should be correct (as the function says ‚matrix with time increasing across the columns and frequency increasing down the rows‘). Also, I'm not sure if the input requires complex data or data already transformed to power.

Another idea is to calculate it manually and multiply a complex sine wave by the complex Fourier coefficient and sum the results.

Any recommendations on how to achieve an inverse transform? Thank you in advance for your help!

Yours sincerely,
Franzi Kirsch