[Eeglablist] BIOMAG 2024: Proposal submissions now open!

BIOMAG2024 biomag2024 at arinexgroup.com
Tue Sep 5 00:00:19 PDT 2023

Welcome to BIOMAG 2024 Conference in Sydney, Australia!

Dear Esteemed Colleagues in the Field of Biomagnetism,

With great excitement, we extend our invitations to you for the upcoming BIOMAG 24 conference, scheduled to take place in the vibrant city of Sydney, Australia, from 26 – 29 August 2024. As proud hosts, Macquarie University welcomes you to this biennial international gathering that stands as a cornerstone of the global biomagnetism community.

BIOMAG’s primary mission is to delve into the multifaceted dimensions of biomagnetism. Our focus encompasses the intricate measurement of magnetic signals emanating from the human body, with a special emphasis on brain activity and the relentless pursuit of advancements in magnetic sensor technology. The profound impact of biomagnetism resonates throughout cognitive neuroscience, clinical neuroscience, cardiology, software tool development, and beyond, propelling scientific advancement to unprecedented heights.

Australia has emerged as a vibrant hub of biomagnetism research, and Sydney, with its fusion of cultural richness, innovation, and natural splendour, serves as an ideal backdrop for this gathering of minds. Beyond the intellectual exchange of the conference, the captivating spirit of Sydney promises an enriching experience for all attendees.

The iconic Sydney Harbour will set the stage for our deliberations, with the conference venue located a mere stone’s throw from the world-renowned Sydney Opera House. Here, the interplay of leading-edge research against the backdrop of Sydney’s captivating surroundings will nurture an atmosphere primed for innovation, collaboration, and new perspectives.

We eagerly anticipate your presence at BIOMAG 24 in Sydney, where we will collectively chart new frontiers in biomagnetism, laying the foundation for future breakthroughs. Your invaluable contributions and insights will propel our field toward a future brimming with possibilities. The connections and collaborations that are bound to flourish during this event fill us with anticipation and excitement.

With warm regards,

Prof. Paul Sowman

Co-Chair, BIOMAG 24 - Sydney 2024

Macquarie University

Prof. Tom Johnstone

Co-Chair, BIOMAG 24 - Sydney 2024

Swinburne University of Technology

Proposal submissions now open!

Don't miss your opportunity to share your knowledge and research at the BIOMAG Conference 2024. Submit your Symposium proposal today for consideration in the Conference program. Symposium proposals selected for inclusion in the conference program will receive a complimentary conference registration (i.e. waiver for one organiser per symposium)

Visit the Conference link below to view key dates and submit a proposal.

Submit your proposal now or find out more [https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://biomag2024-c10000.eorganiser.com.au/index.php?r=site*login__;Lw!!Mih3wA!BhQY6pk0nq9SG93zaCAYEJMJ0AQzqTDVprCuH5-r88zu5QZ8FQAGFTX7ZDuTOswf-7cpsEmqTp98jGAJvDjhzrIQU0TFoQ$ ]                 Data analysis competition

We are happy to announce that we are open for interested parties to submit their interest in organising the Data-Analysis Competitions at BIOMAG 2024. The aim of the competitions is to promote the development and application of new analysis techniques. The challenges will help to elucidate pros and cons of different techniques and attract experts from outside the MEG field. If your team would like to share interesting data for this challenge, let us know. We expect to have 2-3 datasets this year.  Proposals to organise the competitions close on 15 November.

Successful data analysis competition proposals will receive a complimentary conference registration (i.e. waiver for one organiser per competition).

View the call for submissions information and guidelines [https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.biomag2024.org/cms/call-for-submissions/__;!!Mih3wA!BhQY6pk0nq9SG93zaCAYEJMJ0AQzqTDVprCuH5-r88zu5QZ8FQAGFTX7ZDuTOswf-7cpsEmqTp98jGAJvDjhzrLuHG93PA$ ]                 Venue destination     Sydney - Host city

With an abundance of activities awaiting you in Sydney, planning ahead is essential! Climb the iconic Harbour Bridge, take a refreshing swim at Bondi Beach, or immerse yourself in a first-hand encounter with the traditional first-nations people. Alternatively, consider organising a trip around NSW to delve into diverse culinary delights, picturesque drives, invigorating bushwalks, and exploring Australia's rich culture and heritage.

View more information on the destination [https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.biomag2024.org/cms/city-venue/__;!!Mih3wA!BhQY6pk0nq9SG93zaCAYEJMJ0AQzqTDVprCuH5-r88zu5QZ8FQAGFTX7ZDuTOswf-7cpsEmqTp98jGAJvDjhzrLw4G5DBA$ ]         International Convention Centre, Sydney

The Conference will be taking place at Sydney’s International Convention Centre, situated right on Sydney Harbour’s waterfront. With spectacular views and surrounded by a hub of restaurants, cafes, pubs and bars, you can’t get a much better location in Sydney!

Thank you to the following organisations for their contributions and support

BIOMAG 2024 Conference Managers

Arinex Pty Ltd.

Suite 22.01, 44 Market Street

Sydney, NSW 2000

Auckland | Brisbane | Melbourne | Perth | Sydney

P: +61 2 9265 0700

E: biomag2024 at arinex.com.au