[Eeglablist] Time frequency script

Michelle Lobermeier mloberme at emich.edu
Mon Oct 2 07:21:53 PDT 2023

Hi everyone,

Myself and other members of my lab are working to run time frequency
analysis on resting state data (eyes open only) in preschoolers. We are
currently using the script from the following paper: Morales & Bowers
(2022). *Time-frequency analysis methods and their application to
developmental EEG data. *

Part of the script asks us to specify whether the data is resting or
event-related:

% 4. Is this resting or event-related data?
RestorEvent = 1; %0=rest, 1=event-related

Even when we specify that the data is resting state, the script doesn't
seem to run without us specifying conditions, as shown in the code below

% 5. Conditions for event-related data - this should be the same name used
in the main script
Conds = ['Stim_0_0', 'Stim_0_1');
% 6. Name of conditions to be used for plotting - this such make the order
that the conditions are named above
ConditionNames = ['Congruent' 'Incongruent');

Does anyone have knowledge of a time frequency script for which only one
condition is used so that we don't run into this problem? Or alternatively,
is there a way for us to edit the script in the Morales & Bowers paper to
work for our data?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Best,
Michelle Lobermeier