[Eeglablist] Issue for importing GDF file - empty EEG data structure

Emeline Pierrieau emeline.pierrieau at u-bordeaux.fr
Tue Oct 17 02:52:11 PDT 2023

Hi,

I am trying to import a GDF file from a 128 electrode BioSemi system (data are recorded in GDF format because they are saved in OpenVibe). I use the BIOSIG toolbox, and only add information about the number of the reference channel in the pop_biosig window. I don’t receive any error message or warning in Matlab command window but the EEG data structure of the file is completely empty.

Note that the GDF file isn’t empty, it shows normal oscillatory activity when readed in OpenVibe. Note also that I already imported GDF files from OpenVibe in EEGLAB in a previous study using an ANTNeuro system and it worked fine. What can I do to properly import the GDF file this time?

Best regards,

Emeline