[Eeglablist] Swartz Center at SfN23

Scott Makeig smakeig at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 16:55:26 PST 2023

You are invited to come by the Swartz Center BOOTH at SfN to chat with some
of us about our EEG-related projects. Appointments for more in-depth
discussion accepted:

*EEGLAB* ...
*HED* - Hierarchical Event Descriptors (HED) - the only system for
systematically recording the nature of events
            in neuroimaging data.
*BIDS* - a specification for organizing neuroimaging data for analysis,
storage, and sharing.
*NEMAR* -  nemar.org, a smart portal to EEG, MEG, and iEEG data shared
publicly through OpenNeuro.
*Neuroscience Gateway (NSG)* - nsgportal.org. Free supercomputing using
EEGLAB, Matlab, Python, etc.
            Collaborating with NEMAR to offer free computing on NEMAR.org
data without needing to download
             the data itself.
*MoBI* -  Mobile Brain/Body Imaging - a framework for studying natural
cognition.
*LSL* - LabStreamingLayer software to synchronize recording from multiple
devices. Widely adopted.
*get_locs *- An EEGLAB plug-in for localizing scalp EEG channels using a
cell phone. 3D head locations are
              required for high-resolution EEG source imaging...

Where will we be at SfN? *Booth #3103 * see a map of the booth location here
<https://sccn.ucsd.edu/eeglab/download/SCCNatSfN23_Booth3103_MAP.pdf>.

We are also looking for a couple of postdocs, ready to contribute to
developing new methods for high-resolution EEG source imaging and
brain/body dynamic modeling. I'll be happy to chat about that if you are
interested.

Scott Makeig

--
Scott Makeig, Research Scientist and Director, Swartz Center for
Computational Neuroscience, Institute for Neural Computation, University of