[Eeglablist] Question Regarding Detecting and Removing Erroneous Electrode Pairings Using get_chanlocs Plugin

Zac Borden zborden at bowdoin.edu
Sun Nov 19 13:57:18 PST 2023

Hello,

We hope you are doing well. My name is Zac Borden, and my colleague Mike Moynihan and I are working on a project that uses the get_chanlocs plugin to localize scalp electrodes from 3D scans. We have been following your protocol exclusively from SCNN get_chanlocs user guide, and we have been able to capture adequate scans using the Structure Sensor Pro and ItSeez3D. We have successfully uploaded the 3D model to EEGLAB and get_chanlocs. Additionally, we have been able to properly locate the fiducial points and manually mark the location of each electrode on our 3D model. We have also been using an MNI model template within the get_chanlocs program.

However, we are encountering an issue when we attempt to take the next step to remove and reselect erroneous electrode selections and pairings. We are able to properly remove the pairing of interest, through selecting the channel and pressing “r” from the Current Model Locations.  However, when we are prompted to select new location pairings, though pressing “s,” we are unable to select a new location.  The window that pops up is shown in the images that are attached to this email.

We are wondering what our next steps should be, as selecting a new, and precise, channel location is impossible given the pop-up window.

Thank you very much for your help, we really appreciate it!

Best,

Zac and Mike