[Eeglablist] Question regarding source localization using DIPFIT

Sravani Varanasi sravani1 at umbc.edu
Sun Nov 19 17:53:00 PST 2023

Hello,

I trust this message finds you well.

I have recently started to work with EEG data and am eager to incorporate
source localization results into our ongoing lab analysis. Currently, I am
utilizing the DIPFIT plugin within EEGLAB for this purpose. I have
successfully generated the leadfield matrix, but I am seeking clarity on
the specific atlas used for source localization—whether it is the DK atlas
or the LORETA-Talairach-BAs. Additionally, I am looking for guidance on
interpreting the leadfield matrix and acquiring individual Region of
Interest (ROI) data.

While examining the LORETA-Talairach-BAs.mat file, we noticed the inclusion
of the thalamus in the atlas. I am particularly interested in understanding
whether the source localization extends to the basal ganglia as well.

Your insights into these inquiries would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Best regards,
Sravani Varanasi