[Eeglablist] How to Accurately Obtain Group Averaged Topography over the Frequency Range in EEGLAB?

Demet Yeşilbaş demet1813 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 03:12:32 PST 2023

Hello,
I would like to examine the topographic maps in the data, but the Fp1 and
Fp2 channels of the EEG record were taken from another physiological
signal. So, I should delete them. I selected the data by 'edit+ select
data' and I selectively eliminated all channels except FP1 and Fp2. When I
draw the topographies of the channels in the new data I obtained, although
I expect that there is no activation in these channels, the region in the
deleted channels looks red, that is, high. Why do you think this is
happening and how can I overcome this error?
I am currently doing group analysis and I would like to ask if there is a
way to eliminate Fp1 and Fp2 channels and draw their topographic maps in
EEGLAB correctly.
Attached is a screenshot of the channels and topography plot image for you
to get an idea. I would be very grateful if you help me with the problem I
have.
Thanks.
Demet

Demet Yeşilbaş