[Eeglablist] New plugin for automatic cleaning of whole-night sleep EEG data with ASR

Richard Somervail r.somervail at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 08:08:17 PST 2024

Hi all,

We recently published a methodological validation study in the Journal
'SLEEP' for the use of *Artifact Subspace Reconstruction (ASR) in the
specific context of whole-night sleep EEG* *recordings:*
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://academic.oup.com/sleep/article-abstract/46/12/zsad208/7237866__;!!Mih3wA!Dc76dXQh1M_iamEUGaMfYC4hsVANnozFm98CKjcz1IXyq7WEH27NX0d_ztdcagbNzNUK-mzaOqnYjY08M6KpulG2TQ$
(for a free version please contact me by email, r.somervail at gmail.com)

*Our sleep-specific implementations of ASR are available in the 'Dusk2Dawn'
plugin on the EEGLAB plugin manager (and my github:
github.com/rsomervail/dusk2dawn/
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://github.com/rsomervail/dusk2dawn/__;!!Mih3wA!Dc76dXQh1M_iamEUGaMfYC4hsVANnozFm98CKjcz1IXyq7WEH27NX0d_ztdcagbNzNUK-mzaOqnYjY08M6LS0cvSXA$ >).*

*With this plugin you can easily run ASR: (1) Separately for each sleep
stage, and/or (2) in a short sliding-window (e.g. 4 - 16 minutes). The
default settings are also optimised for sleep brain activity.*

The plugin has a *graphical interface* to make this implementation easy,
but can also generate scripts to allow automation.

See also this nice commentary on the study by Makoto Miyakoshi in the same
issue of SLEEP:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://academic.oup.com/sleep/article/46/12/zsad241/7275639__;!!Mih3wA!Dc76dXQh1M_iamEUGaMfYC4hsVANnozFm98CKjcz1IXyq7WEH27NX0d_ztdcagbNzNUK-mzaOqnYjY08M6KUxyMaWA$

Thanks!

--

Dr Richard Somervail (he/him)
Post-Doctoral Researcher
Iannetti Neuroscience and Behaviour Lab
University College London (UCL) UK // Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT)
Italy
Web:   https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.iannettilab.net__;!!Mih3wA!Dc76dXQh1M_iamEUGaMfYC4hsVANnozFm98CKjcz1IXyq7WEH27NX0d_ztdcagbNzNUK-mzaOqnYjY08M6LaPZwLAg$