[Eeglablist] Premature infants preprocessing pipeline with EEGLab tools

Josué Rico-Picó rpicoj at ugr.es
Tue Mar 19 23:52:14 PDT 2024

Dear Efthymios,

Although, to my knowledge, there are not specific pipelines only for
preterm babies, there are some of them adapted to infants in EEGlab. The
Maryland Analysis of Developmental EEG (1), and the Automated Pipeline
for Infants continuous EEG (2) are designed to work with very young
population. Both pipelines are flexible regarding the steps, altought
there is a predefined step order, to addapt it the best to your protocol
and needs. In case of you recording employed a low number of channels
(<32) you can also check the HAPPE pipelines for developmental samples
and low density EEG (3,
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.plasticityinneurodevelopmentlab.com/implementing-happe__;!!Mih3wA!CBRHqbqdxT7w2x_HXEvYOg1rHXf5OI_RGsN7S6-DydQ05ySYQ63_bSUwE9O_ynwkRqrBwn_ZR8X3jndN7jc$ )
albeit it is based in a free software.

Best of luck,

Josu

1. Debnath, R., Buzzell, G. A., Morales, S., Bowers, M. E., Leach, S.
C., & Fox, N. A. (2020). The Maryland analysis of developmental EEG
(MADE) pipeline. Psychophysiology, 57(6), e13580.
2. Fló, A., Gennari, G., Benjamin, L., & Dehaene-Lambertz, G. (2022).
Automated Pipeline for Infants Continuous EEG (APICE): A flexible
pipeline for developmental cognitive studies. Developmental Cognitive
Neuroscience, 54, 101077.
3. Gabard-Durnam, L. J., Mendez Leal, A. S., Wilkinson, C. L., & Levin,
A. R. (2018). The Harvard Automated Processing Pipeline for
Electroencephalography (HAPPE): standardized processing software for
developmental and high-artifact data. Frontiers in neuroscience, 12,
316496.

---
PhD. Josué Rico-Picó
Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience Lab (LabNCd) | Departamento de
Psicología Experimental
Mind, Brain and Behaviour Research Center (CIMCYC)
University of Granda, Spain
Campus de Cartuja, SN, 18011, Granada (Spain)

Due to the characteristic of my research area, I sometimes reply to
e-mails after or before the 9am - 5pm working hours. I do not expect to
receive an answer in those hours. Please, feel free to answer whenever
is good for you.