[Eeglablist] Fwd: mff events to Brainvision

Roy Cox roycox.roycox at gmail.com
Thu May 2 01:38:35 PDT 2024

Hello,

I'm using mff_import (MFFMatlabIO4.1) to import EGI data into EEGLAB, and
then using pop_writebva (bva-io1.71) to write these data out to Branvision
format (in order to be BIDS-compliant).

I noticed that some of the event fields present after importing the mff
(e.g., description, label, begintime, mffkeys, a couple others) are lost
after exporting to Brainvision and reimporting (using pop_loadbv). My guess
is that this occurs because pop_writebva and/or the Brainvision vmrk format
don't know how to handle these mff-specific event details. However,
important information is sometimes hidden in these other event fields.

While I could probably write out the full event table separately and
manually stitch everything together later on, I'm wondering if there's a
way to ensure that all mff event details simply end up in the Brainvision
marker file? Perhaps there are some unused Brainvision marker fields that
could serve such a purpose?

Thanks,
Roy