[Eeglablist] Error with channel location structure

Ledwidge, Patrick patrick.ledwidge at wku.edu
Fri Jun 21 08:42:39 PDT 2024

Hello,

I have been using the .xdf plug to import ExG stream from LSL (16 channels) into EEGLAB. I've done so without error for months and had no error yesterday. Now when I try to import an .xdf I get the following:

The size of the channel location structure does not match with number of channels. Channel information have been removed.

I get a similar error when I try to change channel locations for a file that I had previously imported before this error began: Only 1 channel appears in the Channel Location GUI, even though EEGLAB correctly recognizes that there are 16 channels per frame and the time series shows 16 channels when plotted. Inputting "EEG.nbchan" in the command line gives me an answer of "16" but inputting "EEG.chanlocs" and "EEG.chaninfo" gives me answers of null.

When I load datasets that with channel locations previously added, the appropriate channel information is still retained in those datasets.

I'm using MATLAB R2024a and eeglab2024.0. I've tried re-installing eeglab. I'm running on Windows 11 (64-bit; 16 GB RAM)

Has anyone had a similar issue?

Thanks,
Patrick

Patrick S. Ledwidge, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor of Neuroscience

Department of Psychological Sciences

Director, Brain Research & Assessment in

Neurotrauma & Sport (BRAiNS) Lab

1034 Kelly Thompson Hall

Western Kentucky University

patrick.ledwidge at wku.edu<mailto:patrick.ledwidge at wku.edu>

https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.ledwidgelab.com__;!!Mih3wA!BaSMfhKO4PwxWFLN3OGqbHui7Roi3oDcDO0-aRgZ-F8KacZaaxK1Z7PTo7Oc3-mluTtRpR6qutFpomjP5A0zQySB8wuQunIotw$ <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.ledwidgelab.com__;!!Mih3wA!BaSMfhKO4PwxWFLN3OGqbHui7Roi3oDcDO0-aRgZ-F8KacZaaxK1Z7PTo7Oc3-mluTtRpR6qutFpomjP5A0zQySB8wuQunIotw$ >