[Eeglablist] [FastICA] Choosing component probability threshold

Alice Cordeiro apcordeiro at ciencias.ulisboa.pt
Mon Jun 24 07:24:56 PDT 2024

I want to perform the FastICA on some EEG data as to remove any artefacts. After performing the analysis, it is possible to reject certain components, which are labeled with values of probabilities of being representative of brain activity, blinking, heart, etc. My question is: what is the threshold to select/reject a component? Or should I just reject all components that are labeled as something other than brain activity, independently of the percentage attributed to it?

Thank you in advance!