[Eeglablist] ECG Channel Inclusion in ICA and ICLabel Steps

Richards, John RICHARDS at mailbox.sc.edu
Thu Aug 1 07:08:34 PDT 2024

Don't include ECG in the EEG signal for ICA.  For various technical reasons (amplitude, frequency, signal spikes, location) and theoretical ones (its NOT a brain signal; you want to correlate ECG and EEG).

See poster by Wanze Xie at ICIS, or contact him.  He has synchronized cardiac cycles and ERPs.  His techniques might be useful and he has some very interesting VEP/cardiac cycle data.

John

John E. Richards
Carolina Distinguished Professor
Department of Psychology