[Eeglablist] Fw: Re: ECG Channel Inclusion in ICA and ICLabel Steps

japalmer29 at gmail.com japalmer29 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 23:54:54 PDT 2024

Thanks Scott. But I’m not sure I follow how the Hall Effect applies to EEG only, where there is no external magnetic field applied. I guess the blood flow is supposed to be like a current where the red blood cells are negatively charged like electrons. But it seems this would just create a small magnetic field around the artery, not an electric field visible on the scalp. I can imagine the mechanical expansion of the blood vessels, which contain small negative charge, might create a radial electric field change as the charge gets slightly closer than farther from the electrodes, but this is just my speculation—I’m not a physicist of EM modeler.

Jason