R: [Eeglablist] cortical surface reconstruction

Febo Cincotti febo.cincotti at uniroma1.it
Tue Mar 29 02:31:59 PST 2005

Dear Marcello,
As far as I understood the only information you have about the cortical mesh
is the vertex coordinates and the vertex normals. This is not sufficient for
a straightforward reconstruction of the mesh (unless you set up some fancy
triangulation algorithm, which is not necessarily re-creating the original
mesh; the result could suffer from topological errors, e.g. shortcuts
between sulci, very unsmooth portions, etc).
Unless this is *really* inconvenient, I would go in the direction of asking
more information to who provided you with the vertices.
Hope it helps

Febo

Febo Cincotti
Fondazione Santa Lucia IRCCS