[Eeglablist] question and suggestion

Sven Muller scm at psychology.nottingham.ac.uk
Wed May 18 06:02:11 PDT 2005

Hi,

I have a question concerning the save currentdata set and the
pop_saveset function.

After a stream of processing on original EEG data I have, say 16
sub-sets. Instead of wanting to manually save each one of them I would
like to automate it. For this I
use the pop_saveset function. However, as it happens, occasionnally,
the order of sets (conditions) within one big (alleeg) dataset might be
different.

I have seen that there is no option to specify the setname in addition
to the set index in the pop_saveset function. Is there another way of
automatically saving big datasets into smaller datasets using their
setname as the filename to which they should be saved? Otherwise it
would be difficult to distinguish between the set just according to
their index numbers.

Would it be possible to add this option (setname) to future versions of
eeglab pop_saveset?.

many thanks

Sven Mueller

"No doubt it [materialism] was found frightening, for its
subversiveness is that of the free spirit-the laugther of Democritus
before the tears of Heraclitus, the gentle irony of Spinoza , the
stinging satire of Diderot; but also because it is a crucial, lucid,
and rational form of thought, and because it leads to a particularly
demanding wisdom, to a humanism that asks man, and man alone, to define
his destiny, and to construct it using the resources of reflective
knowledge. The responsibility that this approach to life imposes is
much heavier than allegiance to any spiritual teacher. "
J-P Changeux