[Eeglablist] Load ANT CNT data

Maarten van de Velde mvelde at ant-neuro.com
Tue Dec 6 01:58:21 PST 2005

FYI.

The ANT CNT format was originally designed by developers in the
EEG/MEG/ERP field at the Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and
Brain Sciences, Leipzig. The developments were necessitated by the use
of new 22-bit amplifier around 1996. The CNT extension was kept from
their earlier Neuroscan system. Since then, the dataformat has been
improved to allow for 32-bit data storage, including a simple Huffman
compression scheme (compression over channels and time, quite efficient).

The format has not changed much over the past years; changes that have
been released are, and will be, fully backwards compatible.
We have actively addressed the incompatibility issues that have arisen
with the new releases of EEGLAB and releases of Matlab v6.0 R12 and v7.0
R14. The recent problem with v6.5 is new and will be addressed.

For those who wish to work with the mex code by Robert Oostenveld,
please e-mail me at mvelde at ant-neuro.com for the 'cntopenlib' code. The
library 'cntopenlib' is released under the BSD license. We do not
publish this on our website, because we would like to provide personal
assistance when using this library.

We are in the process of creating a more extended version called
'LIBEEP' under LGPL, with more documentation, but that will take some
more time. Before this is released, only the "cntopenlib" is the public
code.

Best regards,
Maarten van de Velde
ANT (Advanced Neuro Technology)