[Eeglablist] ITC Single Trial Phase Angles

Joseph Lloyd Brooks joeb at berkeley.edu
Wed Dec 7 00:21:33 PST 2005

Hello,

I am looking for a way to get the phase estimates for single trials
(for each frequency and time point) that go into the ITC computation.
Basically, I want to plot the phase distribution on which the phase
coherence ITC value is based. I'm using the ITC that is an output of
timef. I know that there is a way to get individual trial phase
estimates for crossf (using the flag/arg pair "savecoher',1 and
adding an additional output variable to the call). Is there a way to
do this for timef? I know that the "phasecoher" function returns
single trial phases. However, I'd prefer to get this information out
of the ITC output from timef because I will be looking at both ITC
and ERSP and I would like the parameters (window-size, etc.) to be
exactly the same and I have been using FFT which I don't see as an
option in phasecoher. So, if someone knows how to do FFT in
phasecoher, that could help too.

Thanks for any help that you can give.

Best,

Joe