[Eeglablist] how can I rereference to average of ear electrodes

arno arno at salk.edu
Fri Oct 27 12:34:45 PDT 2006

Dear Sascha,
> I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how to call correctly
> pop_reref. I want to rereference my data to average of both ear
> electrodes. Data are collected with the left ear as reference.
Then you do not need to give a location for the reference, and you do
not need to recompute the activity of this reference either.
> reref_EEG = pop_reref( EEG, [62], 'method', 'withref'); % 'refloc', ?

So use instead

reref_EEG = pop_reref( EEG, [62], 'method', 'standard');

I attached for those interested an update of the reference function that
fix several crashes (if it did not crash for you then it is fine).

> Best,
>
> Sascha

*Arnaud Delorme, Ph.D.*
Swartz Center for Computational Neuroscience, INC, University of San
Diego California
La Jolla, CA92093-0961, USA

*Tel* :/(+1)-858-458-1927 ext 15/
*Fax* :/(+1)-858-458-1847/
*Web page*: sccn.ucsd.edu/~arno <http://www.sccn.ucsd.edu/%7Earno>
*To think upon*:

    If the book we are reading does not wake us, as with a fist
    hammering on our skull, why then do we read it? A book must be an
    ice-axe to break the sea frozen inside us.

        /Frank Kafka/