[Eeglablist] time/frequency wavelet data export?

arno arno at salk.edu
Thu Nov 16 12:44:57 PST 2006

Dear Rich,

sorry about the late response to your message. You can export the data
to statistica by saving the timef() function output in an ASCII file. If
you type "eegh" on the command line, you will get the EEGLAB history,
and probably something like

figure; pop_timef( EEG, 1, 1, [-1000 2000] , [3 0.5]  ,'type',
'phasecoher', 'topovec', 1, 'elocs', EEG.chanlocs, 'chaninfo',
EEG.chaninfo, 'title','Channel FPz power','padratio', 1, 'plotphase','off');

You can edit this line of code to return output (we could ouput them by
default but then we would clutter the Matlab environement with a number
of useless variables. If you look at the help of the pop_timef()
function, it tells you that it returns the same output as the timef()
function, so you may type:

figure; [ersp itc powbase times freqs] = pop_timef( EEG, 1, 1, [-1000
2000] , [3 0.5]  ,'type', 'phasecoher', 'topovec', 1, 'elocs',
EEG.chanlocs, 'chaninfo', EEG.chaninfo, 'title','Channel FPz
power','padratio', 1, 'plotphase','off');

See the function help for the description of these outputs. Then to
export these values, you may type

save -ascii ersp.txt ersp
save -ascii itc.txt itc
save -ascii powbase.txt powbase % ERSP baseline power (already
subtracted in the "ersp" array)
save -ascii times.txt times
save -ascii freqs.txt freqs

To have the frequencies in the first column of the ERSP array, and the
time latencies in the first row, type:

ersp = [ freqs' ersp ]; % note the ' for transpose
ersp = [ 0 times; ersp ];
save -ascii ersp.txt ersp

Note that a lot of function in EEGLAB work in the same way (pop_spectopo
[spectrum plotting], pop_crossf [coherence], pop_erpimage [ERPimage], ...).

Hope this helps,

Arno

--

*Arnaud Delorme, Ph.D.*
Swartz Center for Computational Neuroscience, INC, University of San

*Tel* :/(+1)-858-458-1927 ext 15/
*Fax* :/(+1)-858-458-1847/
*Web page*: sccn.ucsd.edu/~arno <http://www.sccn.ucsd.edu/%7Earno>
*To think upon*:

    If only we could pull out our brain and use only our eyes.

        /Pablo Picasso/